Wednesday 18 March 2015

About Me


My name is Eleanor and I am 21 years old. I live in England and have a fabulous fiancée called Dene. We plan to get married next year in the summer. We're a young couple starting out, saving for our wedding and also to buy our first home so we love to be thrifty and creative!

I work in a nursery and I also love to make greetings cards and I have my first craft fair coming up soon. I basically love anything creative, whether it is painting, drawing, gardening, sewing, knitting, crochet, up-cycling furniture, home decorating or baking - I love it all and I am always looking for new ways to create!

Dene loves to cook and he is the brains behind our food-thrifty-ness! He creates the most beautiful, healthy meals out of the best value ingredients. (He especially loves to bake bread for us!)

We just love to 'home-make' as much as we can in our life, from food to knitwear to home décor or cards and gifts.

We also love to grow flowers, herbs, fruits and vegetables. Unfortunately our small, shady garden with stony baron soil hasn't been easy to grow anything in. We tried last year but even after ploughing what money we had into it our plants still didn't do very well. So this year we're covering the bare soil with a wild flower mix and just growing our favourite things in pots on our patio.

Our dream one day is to have a family of our own and live Semi-self-sufficiently; growing more of our own produce, keeping chickens and livestock and hopefully getting my card making business up and running...


...But here is our life now, a story of how we are building it up and all of the things we are most passionate about!


1 comment: